Sunday, November 24, 2013

ONE STEP CLOSER!

So thankful to come home Friday afternoon to see my FBI background check had been mailed, and I am in the clear.  With the two week government shutdown, it took seven weeks to be processed.  Along with Ray, I am not a criminal.  We had already discussed when we would run to the Embassy if the papers came soon, so I immediately got on the phone and called my office (I leave work just a tad bit than the others).  I had to find a sub for December 3rd.  The day is full of patients but not any patients that "request Allison" (like on the 4th and the 5th).  Another hygienist will be out the week of Thanksgiving and her husband leaves on a business trip right after the holiday, so she was all for taking my day.  Yay!  Off to the Panamanian Embassy we go with a stack of papers in hand.  Ray isn't so sure I have to be there.  What the heck?  I wouldn't miss it for the world.  I have never been in an Embassy before, much less the Panamanian one.

The picture below shows my coffee table which has been Ray's desk for the last year or so.  (We do have a lovely desk in the office.)  Note that next to the VOX Spanish vocabulary which I have cracked open once since we bought it in Carly's school bookstore last May, there is a book called "Spanish for Gringo's" (not shown).  Ray has read more of it than me.  Most importantly, next to the Apple Care CD, there is the stack of papers we need to take to the Embassy.  That stack has accumulated joyfully for the last two months.  And two computers?  One holds everything on it that has to do with that thing called "work" that for some reason won't transfer onto the other.  My coffee table houses my laptop.  Clean, smooth, and empty just the way I like it.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner in just four days!  Which means...time to decorate for Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment