Sunday, June 3, 2012

PANAMA IN OCTOBER

We are now even more committed to traveling to Panama in October.  Not only do we have air travel accomplished and a rental car secured, but we have put a deposit down on a two bedroom condominium in The Solarium Complex Coronado.  Georgina, the owner, has been fantastic!  She is Panamanian and her husband is from Holland.  They live six months in Holland and six months in Panama.  She will be in Panama at the condo. to give us a tour/turn over the keys and has been of tremendous help with any and all of our questions (rental car, realtor advice, locations to travel to...).  She has given me the thumbs up to post the link to her condominium, and I really want to help her out in this way and to spread the word.  It looks gorgeous!
http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRent … ml#reviews  I am making her my fourth Panamanian friend :)
At the end of the week, we are staying close to the airport at the Marriott Courtyard Metromall (FREE using points which was one of the biggest reasons we chose it).
When I posted my travel plans on the ExpatBlog forum, I did have one response to my post about visiting Panama in October.  The "poster" stated that while I will enjoy my trip to Panama, it is the rainiest month of the year.  Most of the days are going to be dark and overcast.  Sheesh.  Thanks.  BUT then the "poster" did write that this could be a really great thing.  I will see Panama at its worst/rainiest, and if I can live with what we encounter that one week in October, everything else will be great! This is a great way to see the glass as being half full.  And making me realize what months I will travel OUTSIDE of Panama when I get to retiring there!

No comments:

Post a Comment