Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MENOPAUSE...(THE MUSICAL)

I enjoyed the play, Menopause The Musical, this past Sunday.  We had a group of ten women getting together for the play and dinner.  We split the group up into two cars.  My group of five were fortunate.  We left the Woodbridge, VA area to drive about 20 miles to Washington, DC on I-95.  We arrived within thirty minutes being very early.  Can never tell with that highway!  It is a mess.  Since we had some time, the five of us spent time either getting to know each other or catching up with the one's that we already knew at a Starbucks near the Warner Theater.  We waited for the rest of the group to catch up.  They were less fortunate.  They left about fifteen minutes and five miles behind us (driving up from the Dumfries, VA area) and because of the pouring rain that started, they encountered a bottleneck of traffic.  They still had time before the play started, but they were a bit more stressed. The play was wonderful.  Great music and just a lot of fun (there were few men in the theater, and the women were having a good time).  I realized, thankfully, that this menopause thing is not anything I am encountering and hope not to encounter for many more years! No peri-menopause over here either.  A few women in the group are right in the middle of it.  Blech.  I am still too cold all the time to know what a hot flash or night sweat is.  I am not too emotional. I am not unusually sad or irritable. I get mad, but my reasons are understandable and not out of control.

Yet I read my post from yesterday!  Wow.  I felt depressed after reading it!  I seemed irritable and sad.  Then I realized what my mood was, and it was due to three big letters--PMS!  That I do know all about.  Nastiness, grumpiness, fatigue, and  don't care-itis.  Gets to me every month.  And I will take that over the Big M word any day of the week right now! I can't wait to see how nothing gets to me when I am retired in Panama!  As long as I bring some patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment