Tuesday, September 18, 2012

AND NOW WE HAVE LOST FOUR


Another one gone. Yesterday the office manager told us that another receptionist gave her notice.  She has been in the office for eight months, but since her husband has found a job in another state, she is moving to be with him.  Makes perfect sense.  
October is going to be very interesting.  So far there will be three new hires all starting on the same Monday, I will have three weeks to get to know them a bit before I go to Panama, and I will definitely need that nine day vacation!

Yesterday, Ray was in to have his teeth cleaned, by me, of course.  After 25 years of being married to a dental hygienist, he is finally flossing more often than not and noticing how it really does work!  The owner of the practice and I have had discussions about retiring to Panama or to Ecuador.  Limited discussions, but he does know that it has been a thought of ours.  He asked Ray, “is it that you want Ecuador and Allison wants Panama or do I have it mixed up”?  We told him we both are set on Panama and a few of the reasons why.  We mentioned the Pensionado Program, but he seems to think that Ecuador is so much more inexpensive, the country doesn’t need to offer such a program.  Ecuador has earthquakes. I have six friends haha who live in Panama or are moving to Panama soon (virtual but friends, nonetheless).  That one made his eyebrows raise. J  Little does he know about my vacation to Panama.  I doubt he ever knows when one of us is taking vacation time, so I will just tell him “tienan una gran semana!  Voy a Panama para vacationes! OR “Have a great week!  I am going to Panama for vacation!  I don’t think I can wait another another 30 days, let alone the 32!  The best part is that after this trip, Ray and I are already planning for Trip 2.  The researching and planning must go on. For now, the daydreaming continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment