Sunday, September 16, 2012

"I'M SURE YOU CAN'T HEAR THIS"


Since my most recent post took three days to put together, I am just going to post my thoughts from today now.
The title says it all.  It is a standard line out of Ray’s mouth, and mine is usually “what?”.
It has been a gorgeous week here in Northern Virginia and the weekend hasn’t disappointed.  We slept with the windows wide open last night (although those hadn’t been cleaned yet).  A rarity with the humidity and pollen.  Ray could hear the crickets.  This morning it was the geese.  I heard nothing.  (No se oye tan bien or I don’t hear very well).  Some say that when in Panama I should look into the cost of hearing aids there.  I now say “why”.  Perhaps it will be best when the windows are wide open that I don’t hear the neighbors or the dogs or all of the birds.  Not when I am trying to fall asleep that is.  My daughter did come up with a reason why though—“you might want to be even more aware of your surroundings in a new country”.  Smart.
On our walk this morning, before tackling those final windows, Ray commented about this one neighborhood having a lot of dogs.  They were all up and barking (that I could hear).  At least here they are in the backyards behind fences.  I made the comment to Ray that in Panama we will have to get used to seeing cows, horses, dogs and big bugs on our walks.  And THEY won’t be fenced in.  Let’s see how I get used to that or how quickly I find a gym with a treadmill in Panama!

No comments:

Post a Comment