Tuesday, July 16, 2013

AS THE MEMORIES FADE, MY DIARIES FILL IN THE BLANKS

Of course I knew, while purging my STUFF and pouring over my dad's slides of his business travels, that I would find pictures of my parents traveling the world.  I forgot they had visited Panama until my sister mentioned she thought they had, and I found proof in pictures of them at the Panama Canal (shown in a previous post).  And tonight, while reading the first of MANY diaries that I began in 1977 and have kept in Rubbermaid totes ever since, I  discover that I wrote down the day they left for Panama.  What I remember is staying with the Sweeney family (LOVED the time my sister and I spent with them while my parents were away),  but I never could remember where they had gone (I was 12 years old).  Now I know.  I also wrote that they returned from Panama, but I was too busy writing about middle school crushes to write a thing about how they liked their trip, what they did or why they even decided to go to Panama.  Two diaries down (1977-1979), three to go.

And saved I did.  For 36 years!

I was very excited that Lisa spent the night!  Wish I remembered who she was!

No comments:

Post a Comment