Saturday, September 14, 2013

RATIONAL THINKING? WHAT ARE WE THINKING IN THE FIRST PLACE!

With it being the day before we take off on vacation to Napa Valley, Ray and I decided to pay Carly a visit and take her to lunch.  It has been a beautifully, sunny day with temperatures in the seventies.  When we left the house at ten am, it was just about sixty degrees with a brilliant blue sky and some big, white, puffy clouds (cumulus clouds from what I remember).

Wish I had taken my own pictures since we drove on some beautiful country roads today.

We put the convertible top down and set off on an hour long "Sunday" drive.  With fall being around the corner and the brisk temperatures arriving yesterday (after a week of ninety degree temps), I made the comment to Ray that in his mind and if he has his way, this could be his last experience of Virginia's fall season.  I told him that while I know rationally what we should do if the house sells next summer, I cannot predict what will actually happen and won't think about it just yet.  I told him that I will, of course, go along with what makes sense and what seems like the right thing to do.  But I also told him that I cannot say I know the answer to what we will do when the house sells which is why I always start my sentence off with "in your mind" or "if you have it your way".  His smart aleck response was the reason I really think this way must be because he is the rational one.  Whatever. Moving/retiring to Panama is rational?  Haha.

 I will just enjoy as many fall days in Virginia as I can get, and when I am chilly in a restaurant or wearing flannel pajamas in the winter with my heating blanket on, I will think about the warmth and tropics of Panama.  And my visits to Virginia can always be during the rainiest time of the year in Panama (being the fall season here).   I think this is quite rational of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment