Sunday, March 23, 2014

FINAL WORK DAYS FOR RAY!

On Friday, it seemed like I had quite a bit to blog about--we had more snow and another day off from work, I had many more patients that came in for their "last cleaning with me" shocking news, we had eye doctor appointments made at the last minute before losing our health insurance, there was chaos at the last Homeowner's Association Meeting we attended, my sister was in a car accident on the way to meeting me for lunch (run off the highway by a maniac driver--she is okay, but her car is banged up a bit), and we sold our humungous TV today, some mugs, a lamp, a refrigerator and beanie babies this past week.

But for right now, the only thing I really want to post is that Ray has five days of work left until his retirement at the ripe old age of 47.  Gone will be the automatic wake up at 2:30 am (I think his alarm has gone off less than a handful of times all of his working years), the long hours on the road, and the twelve plus hour days at work.  His work wife has been weepy, and I think by the end of the week there will be many more tears shed by so many more good friends and co-workers.  Tomorrow he starts training the new employee that will soon sit in his chair.  She won't be given the training that Ray had hoped for (her hiring came a bit late), because he would like to know that he leaves the office in good shape and the staff are in good hands.  But everyone that knows Ray knows that no matter how much training he provides, there won't be another Ray.  Everyone also knows people are replaceable, but I wouldn't want to be the one trying to fill his shoes--even just the left one for that matter!  For now, I will just leave this post to be about Ray and his having just five days left at the law firm.  I can save my bitterness (haha) and the "this is a blog that is really all about me getting ready to retire to Panama" until tomorrow.

On Lake Anna for the next few months.

Retirement will be good :)



No comments:

Post a Comment