Wednesday, July 30, 2014

THE ENACTOR, RAY, WAS ON IT!

Okay.  It was a good thing Ray decided to go through some paperwork and surround himself with bins and boxes this morning, because he discovered two things today that had been missed (wow!) when doing other tasks this past week.  Let me explain.  Ray told me yesterday that his plan for today would be to surround himself with the boxes and bins that we have accumulated in the bedroom here to make sense of what papers we really need to save and bring or save and leave behind.  I suggested doing this task at nighttime when the sun was down, since the next few days were to be gorgeous!  He thought that made sense, but then we made plans for dinner tonight with a friend, so at seven am, I hit the road walking, and he hit the couch shredding.  I also paid a visit to my sister (about an hour's drive from here), said a final goodbye until November, stopped at the grocery store because we need some food in this house for the next three days, and when I returned home, he was in the same spot.  He had showered though.  He pretty much spent six plus hours sorting papers, shredding papers, and purging the office "stuff".  I was exhausted from my morning, so I lotioned up and laid on the deck.  But then a few guilty feelings would get in the way, and I would get up when too hot to bring the fan outside.  haha  No actually, I did get up to put away a bin.  I emptied it a bit.  And then put it in the closet.  I had some yogurt, drank some water and then laid on my mat again on the deck.

 Meanwhile, Ray notices that our very important Schwab debit card expires August, 2014.  Yep, next month.  The one we use when overseas (and in a few days in Panama!) to save on transaction fees (zero) when withdrawing cash.  Even though I just went through my credit cards and ATM cards and emptied my wallet of unnecessary cards yesterday, and he called the credit card companies and bank to let them know we would be out of the country for four months, neither one of us noticed the expiration date.  No worries though.  I mean, if this card didn't work, we would take more cash with us, and we could always use our other card and pay the fee until we got the mail in November.  Plus, we will be using credit cards mostly (as long as machines are up and running, the electricity is on in Panama, you know, the usual concerns).  Back to Schwab.  Seems the new cards were mailed out on July 28th from a town about one hour from here.  Guess what came in the mail today?  And the Ray questioned that Kohls bill that we have yet to receive (we charged some walking shoes in June)?  Found that online, paid for it, and that will most likely show in the mail tomorrow or Friday.  Or perhaps Saturday.  But we know all bills accounted for and paid.  Check.

Another concern yesterday was that our attorney, after Ray emailed him last Friday with questions concerning certified checks being brought into Panama and how best to pay for the car, had not emailed back.  This is unusual.  We thought perhaps the whole office took vacation (we know his assistant is on vacation for two weeks).  But alas, Ray found in his emails that our attorney had in fact answered his questions.  The same day we sent him our note with questions, he had all the answers for us.  (He suggested we could wire money to his office account, and if we bought the car, he would cut the check to the bank and the seller.  We, well Ray, already has it set up with our institution to wire money when we say "go").

This is how we roll.  Stay out of the way.  Get it done.  And tomorrow Ray will float with me again.  Yay.  Once I shove everything into my carry on luggage, and do one more load of laundry, and  ...

No comments:

Post a Comment