Thursday, January 31, 2013

NO WARNING LIGHTS.

Green light means "GO".  This was told to Ray and I this past week during our meeting with our financial planner.  He saw no red or yellow warning lights in our quest to retire to Panama.  Our  numbers went into a computer.  I am picturing a 1970's model, just for kicks. The kind of computer that would take up a small office.



Ray was nervous about this meeting.  He didn't let on.  I was just excited to see what the retirement reports would show.  It was a seventy degree day in January, we drove the hour to the meeting with the top down on my car, the wind was in my hair, and I was daydreaming about our next trip to Panama this coming March.  And the 23 months left to work.  And what would the crystal ball show for our future. We are "sensible people", our planner says to us.  He will skype us or face time us if he is concerned.  He gives us his blessing (he just returned from a trip to Israel and swimming in the Dead Sea), and he tells us to come back in a year mostly to talk about further developments in our pursuit in moving to Panama.  We like his confidence in our decision to retire in just two short years, and we like our confidence in ourselves!


4 comments:

  1. Saw your Blog listed on Clyde & Terry's page. 23 months? you are ahead of us, today is 29 months on our countdown, save us a house....

    Hugo & Cynthia
    Western Colorado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth about saving houses! I just hope to find a decent one (without a suicide shower!) to rent at first. But if I don't find one where I THINK I may want to live, then I will find one somewhere else and wait it out! We'll meet up with you in 29 months! Have you visited Panama yet?

      Delete
  2. Yeah!! When in March are you coming? I'm actually going back to the US in March. I'll be in Panama City overnight 3/6, and then long enough to get from the airport to the bus on 3/18. I know it's a long shot that we would be in the same place at the same time this visit, but it will work out sometime.
    I am so glad we decided to move sooner rather than wait a couple years more. We're enjoying life here so much! How good that your plans are on track.
    There are suicide showers everywhere and they actually work out quite well. But, I've found though that a cool shower on a warm day is heavenly so I almost never use our hot water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris--we visit again week of March 16th. We will be staying in El Valle as well as San Carlos beach area. We hope to drive west a bit more this trip, but not as far as David. We will get there the next time! :) So much to do, so little time!

      Delete