Saturday, January 11, 2014

PANAMA CITY HERE WE COME!

It's here at last!  Ray and I will finally meet Ricardo, our attorney, and apply for our Pensionado visas.  I was going to write a post yesterday after work, but then I had to pack.  What a chore.  Not that I am complaining, but it's one thing to pack for a tropical vacation, and quite another to pack for a trip going to a tropical city where it will be 95 degrees, and we will spending some time in Immigration/Government/Attorney offices.  Closed-toe shoes for Ray and nice pants.  Nice pants for me along with nice sundresses/dresses, capris more so than shorts (and the shorts I packed are skorts and bermudas), jeans and let's not forget the shrugs and sweaters to not only cover my shoulders but to keep me warm once in those air-conditioned buildings and maybe malls (?).  Yes, my hotel is attached to the Multiplaza Mall, so I think I will browse some.  My hotel has a "plunge" pool on the roof that holds four people tops according to the reviews on Tripadvisor.  I did not pack a bathing suit.  One reason is because all of my suits are at the lake house, and I never did get there to bring one home.  Another reason is I doubt we will be venturing off to any beaches or islands since we have to give up our passports to our attorney (we do have copies just in case).  Again, the mall I am sure will have a bathing suit or two for me to look at if I really wanted one.

Our friends, Clyde and Terry (www.alongthegringotrail.blogspot.com) are meeting us today in the city, and they are spending the night, also.  This should be great fun, it will be so good seeing them again, and I can pass along Clyde's clothing that he left in Texas and Terry's drivers license that she had to have redone the last time they were in the States.  Always good to be of help to them since they have helped us in too many ways to count!

It has been an interesting week meeting with a estate salesman named Adam and, if we want to pay him a hefty commission, he will be happy to sell off all of our things when the time comes along with a woman that came to the house interested in some of our furniture (but we can't sell it yet, since the Realtor wants pictures of the rooms with some furniture in them!).  I had a great conversation last night with my sister and also with my daughter.  Ray had a great conversation with one of our lake house roommates, and then, where did the time go.  We had to catch up on all of our recorded tv shows (since Ray is in bed by eight pm, we record everything and watch later), and then bedtime was 9:30!  So here we are, four am, and it's off to Dulles International Airport.  This, to be most likely and hopefully, our last trip to Panama as "tourists"!

1 comment: