Thursday, May 1, 2014

RAIN, RAIN FINALLY WENT AWAY

Not that I will want to wish rain away too often when living in Panama, because I know that all of the rain water brings colorful plants, flowers, less dust and dirt in the house, and electricity, most importantly.  But after coming home from a gorgeously sunny and warm weekend at Rehobeth Beach, Delaware with my fun-loving, loyal and trusting co-workers, I didn't want it to then be cloudy, dreary, cold and rainy.  Five inches of rain for this matter.  Buckets and buckets.  Our neighbors Rubbermaid shed was floating in the lake this morning.  Our decorative solar lights were poking out of the swollen lake water.  The water came up to where we sit on our picnic bench and look into the lake for fish.  We didn't see any tonight after our walk.  There is a jet ski floating in the lake.  But now the water is receding.  And after three days, the rain stopped today.

This is a rarely used picnic table.

Our neighbors boat house across the way.

The picnic table we sit at and look down into the water for fish.

Our neighbor's dock under water.

Normally the rip rap is seen.

A soggy mess.


Before the storminess, we had bright blue skies and several sunny days of spring that brought swarms of bumblebees just doing their job pollinating the trees at the lake house and beyond!  Yes, I had late nights this past weekend with only a few hours of sleep, but I also suffered hard from allergies this past week.  Ray made the comment Monday morning (he was out of bed before five am for whatever reason...not to taunt me, of course) "wow, you are looking a little..."  I didn't let him finish.  Dark circles and bags under my eyes which I never really present with were going to stick with me for three days.  I think the skin under my eyes is almost flat and pale.  I started feeling rested and more open minded today.  I knew I looked a hot mess when I had tea bags on my eyes! I jumped right back on the Claritin bandwagon after missing my doses over the weekend.  Who needs Claritin at the beach?  I had other medicinal cures ;)  Or maybe it was the baby shrimp Ray tried to slip me when we grabbed dinner out on Sunday night.  He had ordered stuffed pork chop fajitas which usually come stuffed with chorizo.  I asked him for some of the pork since I was having vegetarian fajitas and felt the need for some protein.  I told him I thought I had just eaten a baby shrimp.  It was pink and round and chewy like shrimp.  I am allergic to shrimp.  He doesn't even eat shrimp let alone any seafood.  He read the sign that stated Stuffed Pork Chop (which is where we stopped reading when we assumed it was the same meal he had had before) with Chorizo and Shrimp.  So maybe these dark circles and bags are a result of his poisoning me and not the pollen?  Not that one baby shrimp would do it, but it did cause a slight tingling of the back of my tongue and inside my lower lip.  Nope, still no camarones for me.  

This past weekend, nine friends of mine (and wonderfully loyal co-workers), whom I hardly ever see outside of the office, "celebrated" (some of us more than others) my future retirement.  What a good time!!!  I will miss these girls.  I just wrote and turned in my resignation letter, and because of an upcoming vacation we have had planned for six months, I have NINE MORE WORK DAYS!  My resignation letter states that my last day is May 29th.  Today was my last day of work until mid-May, since we leave for vacation on Saturday.  Does Sonoma have pollen?  The wine should help keep my head clear :)  The commute along with my allergies were impossible this week, but there is such a  light at the end of the tunnel!  A  five mile walk tonight, catching up on some recorded season finale tv shows, along with a manicure tomorrow and not setting the alarm clock are all the order of the next twenty four hours! This little light of mine is looking brighter and brighter!  Summertime soon, road trip with our daughter, airline tickets in hand for August, and we will be just in time for rainy season in Panama!


No comments:

Post a Comment