Thursday, July 5, 2012

TOO HOT FOR THE PIRANHA OF LAKE ANNA

It's one hundred degrees again today, and it will be up to one hundred two on Saturday.  Treading water and a little swimming is about all I can do in the lake today.  It isn't floating weather.  My feet get a little cool the deeper they are in the water.  It is even too hot for what we have determined the blue gill fish in our cove to be in actuality:  nipple biting piranha.  I say this only because in the past, if you do not move around and play or splash in the cove, you will get nibbled on.  It is a startling feeling, but other than that, they are harmless.  Except to Ray.  He was just minding his own business holding onto a noodle, chit chatting with our neighbor across the cove, and the darn piranha nibbled him on the left nipple.  And I also think the thing was latching on as well!  Now, if we hang out in the cove, we use our noodles as a protective device, and we don't let fingers dangle off the floats.  Lately though, I haven't seen any fish ready to torment anyone in our cove.  Too stinking hot perhaps.  In the deeper water, the place we go to float, I see big fish jumping (maybe they are too cold?), but in the shallow pools, there really isn't life there.  Which is how I feel when I am floating on top of the water.  Lifeless.  Hot.  Dead hot.

Ray and I floating high above the nipple biting piranha.

This is looking out of our cove at Lake Anna.

When we are on rafts, this is what we look out onto at the end of our cove.

And when we kayak, we go into the open waters of Lake Anna.






No comments:

Post a Comment