Thursday, May 3, 2012

GOOD MORNING EMAILS

Most of my early morning emails from Ray have to do with whether or not I want him to pick me up a Panera salad (this restaurant has some tasty salads and yummy breads--with the breads not being what we would eat of course early on in Ray's quest to lose a few pounds) on the way home from work, what to bring to the lake house that weekend, or where I want to eat dinner on the way to the lake house.  (We co-own a lake house on Lake Anna, second largest lake in Virginia and spend all the 48+ hour weekends we can there.)
But the emails I started getting in February were way different and way, way better!  They were emails containing information on retiring to Panama, of course.  They were emails regarding housing, healthcare, weather conditions and, oh yeah, the how-to's of trying to get to an early retirement in a Central American country (Costa Rica, Ecuador, or Panama?).  And while I don't love "workday" mornings, I found myself looking forward to those thirty minutes before leaving the house reading his emails and pouring over the links he was sending, all the while daydreaming about our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment