Friday, May 25, 2012

VACATIONING IN PANAMA SOON!

So excited to write that in October we are definitely committed to visiting Panama.  Dare I say vacationing there?  I cannot wait!  We have booked our non-stop flight out of Dulles International Airport to Tocumen International Airport, we have put a deposit down on a two bedroom condo rental for five nights in Coronado, and we are in the process of either renting a car to drive out of PC to Coronado or having a driver drive us to the condo, and there we will rent a car.   We hope to travel to Pedasi, Las Tablas, Altos del Maria, Sora, El Valle, La Chorrera, Gordona and Punta Chame (I am clueless as to what we will get done in seven days, but I hope to just drive the roads researching and note taking.)  I think some of these places are in the same area except El Valle, Sora, and Altos del Maria are into the mountains and Pedasi is about two hours west. I will post link of who I am renting the condo from, but I want to get her permission first. She has been so helpful in her emails to us and is calling Ray as well.  It is $150/night, and my sister and her son are splitting the cost with us. Much better than a hotel, and it has pools as well as being on the beach.  I also have to thank my three friends (as I jokingly tell Ray I have in Panama already) Terry, Clyde and Stephanie for all of their suggestions.  I know that when I ask questions they are answering honestly.  They don't sugar coat things and tell it like it is, and I really appreciate that quality about them. They have allowed me to continue asking questions, and I hope to meet them in October! At the end of the week (once we have investigated where we think we might like to rent and buy a home), we are going to travel back to PC for the last two days of our trip (most likely staying in the Courtyard Marriott using our points which means FREE), so we can see the city and be close to the airport when we fly back home.  The biggest downer is that my daughter, the one that speaks fluent Spanish (!), will be in school and won't be accompanying us.  But there's always the next time AND if we get to retiring to Panama, she will hopefully visit us and keep our Spanish in check!

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am actually pleassant to read all at single place.
    Also visit my site : Junk Removal NYC

    ReplyDelete